This post is a review about the I'm From Volcanic Mask.
For Koreans skin care is part of their lifestyle which is a concept I highly agree with; that's why ever since coming across Korean skin care, I have been infatuated.
The fact that they put so much effort into their formulas and packaging leaves me speechless and says a lot about their skin care ways.
Unfortunately, I can't say that I've loved all Korean skin care products I've tried because some have definitely missed the mark, but the good skin care products outweigh the bad ones.
I had been looking for a mud mask for a long time and seeing I have an overall good experience with Korean skin care, I decided to search for a Korean mud mask.
I came across the I'm From brand and I knew I needed to order the Volcanic Mask straight away.
If you're tired of searching for a good mud mask, you need to keep reading to find out if the I'm From Volcanic Mask is the right fit for you!
About I'm From
I'm From is a Korean skin care brand, that focuses on incorporating clean natural ingredients into all of their skin care products.
The I'm From Volcanic Mask
The I'm From Volcanic Mask is a wash-off mud mask that contains 8.6% of Jeju volcanic clay to remove dead skin cell and absorb excess sebum and dirt from your skin; it's suited for all skin types.
When I ordered this mask a few years ago, I thought it would be like all mud masks out there... Too dry, itchy and hard to apply.
Although the packaging is super simple, I happen to think it's so cute and fitting for a mud mask.
The I'm From Volcanic Mask comes in a circular shaped glass jar with 110g of product, which doesn't come for cheap, but it's worth it for the amount of product it comes with.
I was surprised by the consistency of the mud mask being so creamy and fluffy yet dense, which makes it easy to spread over your skin.
I can't quite put my finger on it, but it has a subtle earthy scent, some might say it smells exactly like mud, which you'll like if you're a fan of nature.
The I'm From Volcanic Mask gently exfoliates and removes impurities from your skin by removing dead skin cells, absorbing excess sebum and unclogging pores.
This mud mask also tightens and minimizes the appearance of pores, improves uneven skin tone and leaves your skin with a matte finish.
It has so many beneficial ingredients for the skin which are:
- It has absorbent properties.
- Controls sebum and minimizes pores by sucking up excess sebum and gunk from your pores.
- Less drying and gentler on your skin.
- Antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant ingredient.
- Soaks up excess sebum in your skin and clears blemishes.
- Soothes inflamed and irritated skin.
- It has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and absorbent properties.
- Controls sebum and reduces blackheads by absorbing sebum and dirt from your skin.
- Relieves dermatitis and manages acne.
- Soothes your skin.
- Hydrates by increasing water content in your skin.
- Decreases roughness on the surface of your skin.
- Enhances product penetration into your skin.
- Protects your skin against UVA and UVB rays.
- Skin-replenishing and skin-restoring ingredient.
- Helps your skin retain its moisture and heal.
- Keeps your skin lipids healthy.
- Restores your skin barrier.
Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract
- It has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Controls sebum production and purifies your pores.
- Preserves moisture in your skin.
- Helps heal your skin from wounds and inflammation.
Morus Alba Bark Extract
- It has antioxidant properties.
- Fades discolorations and improves uneven skin tone.
- Reduces environmental damage in your skin.
- Calms stressed skin.
Freesia Alba Flower Extract
- It stimulates skin cells and removes impurities.
Saussurea Involucrata Extract
- It has skin-balancing properties.
- Moisturizes your skin.
- Inhibits the production of free radicals in your skin.
- Prevents lipid peroxidation of cell membranes.
Houttuynia Cordata Extract
- It has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Decreases damage in your skin from UVB rays.
Gnaphalium Leontopodium Flower Extract
- It has anti-inflammatory, soothing and antioxidant properties.
- Protects your skin against UV rays.
Panax Ginseng Root Extract
- It has antioxidant properties.
- Boosts hydration in your skin.
- Diminishes rough texture and fades uneven skin tone.
- Improves your wrinkles.
Portulaca Oleracea Extract
- It has anti-inflammatory, skin-soothing and antioxidant properties.
- Treats and heals irritated skin.
- Rejuvenates your skin.
Plantago Asiatica Extract
- It has skin-cleansing properties.
- Minimizes the appearance of pores.
- Forms a protective barrier to lock in hydration in your skin.
- Plumps and Protects your skin.
- Softens scars and increases their elasticity.
- Fills in fine lines and wrinkles in your skin.
- It has moisturizing properties.
- Controls cell-water balance by helping your skin adapt to moisture losses and gain.
- Protects your skin.
- It has antimicrobial properties.
- Destroys free radicals, and it's effective against acne-causing bacteria.
- It has skin-conditioning and moisturizing properties.
- Reduces irritation in your skin.
- Enhances the penetration of other ingredients into your skin.
This mud mask has a very fluffy yet dense consistency which makes it great when spreading it over your skin.
It has a slight earthy scent which you'd like if you're a fan of nature.
My Experience With I'm From Volcanic Mask
If you have oily skin, you know that you can never go wrong with mud masks.
The I'm From Volcanic Mask gently exfoliates, absorbs excess sebum and unclogs pores while being gentle on your skin.
Upon application, the I'm From Volcanic Mask felt so smooth and was very easy to spread.
I was so concerned that it would be like most mud masks that are harsh on the skin and very rigid making it hard to apply.
The fact that it dried quick, and as it dried I could feel and see the excess sebum being absorbed and my pores tightening was more than what I could've asked for.
As someone with really oily skin, what I particularly loved about this mask it's that it minimized the appearance of pores and left my skin with a matte finish.
The mask is said to be suited for all skin types, but it might not be as good on drier and more sensitive skin types.
Although I found the formula to be gentle on my skin, after wearing the mud mask long after it had dried, while still wearing it, it caused itchiness.
Although I really like this mud mask, it's always important to look at the ingredients list of a product; specially if they can pose a threat to you.
According to their review, Kaolin clay is safe to use, but when used by itself or in higher concentrations it can cause dryness.
Although Volcanic Ash is safe, just like Kaolin, it can cause dryness and irritation.
Several studies suggest that Bentonite and Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate are safe, however, Bentonite can be contaminated with poisonous metals and Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate with nitrosamines.
Both Glycerin and Magnesium Aluminum Silicate are also safe to use, however, they may cause an allergic reaction; in the case of Glycerin it might be because of its high concentration while in the case of Magnesium Aluminum Silicate it might be because of the aluminum found in the ingredient.
Titanium Dioxide is considered carcinogenic when inhaled, and can become even more dangerous when it's nanoparticle size because it hasn't been properly assessed nor are adequately regulated.
Disiloxane is useful in cosmetics, however, it has been found to be toxic, persistent, endocrine disrupting and linked to fertility issues.
Despite Ethylhexylglycerin being deemed as safe, it has been classified as a contact allergen.
Last but not least, there needs to be a formal safety assessment to conclude whether Bellis Perennis (Daisy) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Flower Extract and Bellis Perennis (Daisy) Flower Extract are safe to use.
This mud mask doesn't provide a cooling sensation, if left to long, it can cause an intense itch and if you're sensitive to scents or simply not a fan, then this mask is not for you.
Last but not least, it didn't provide my skin with nourishment nor did it soothe my skin.
Why Should You Use The I'm From Volcanic Mask?
You should use the I'm From Volcanic Mask because it removes dead skin, absorbs excess sebum and unclogs pores while tightening and minimizing the appearance of pores and improving uneven skin tone.
When Should You Use The I'm From Volcanic Mask?
You should use the I'm From Volcanic Mask when you feel like your skin is has excess sebum, is congested or that you're about to breakout.
How Should You Use The I'm From Volcanic Mask?
Before applying the product, use a skin care headband so that your hair doesn't get dirty.
Start off with washing your face with a mild cleanser, then, apply a bit of toner on a cotton pad and use it to clean your face further.
Once the toner has completely dried, take about quarter size of the mud mask with a skin care spatula (you can either use the product directly on your skin or can mix it with a few drops of water) and spread a thin even layer all over your face; avoiding the eye area.
Last but not least, leave it for 15 to 20 minutes or until it dries and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
For How Long Should You Use The I'm From Volcanic Mask?
You should use the I'm From Volcanic Mask for 10 to 20 minutes or until it dries completely.
Precautions Before Using The I'm From Volcanic Mask
Precautions to take into consideration before using the I'm From Volcanic Mask are:
- It’s recommended to patch test.
- Avoid contact with eyes and using it on irritated or inflamed skin.
- Discontinue use if signs of irritation or allergies appear.
The I'm From Volcanic Mask has a creamy and fluffy consistency that, unlike so many mud mask, makes it easy to apply and spread over your skin.
It comes in a circular shaped glass jar with 110g of product, which considering the price isn't cheap, but it lasts quite sometime.
It tightens and minimizes the appearance of pores, improves uneven skin tone and leaves your skin with a matte finish.
Although the mask is said to be suited for all skin types, it might not be as good on drier and more sensitive skin types.
It won't provide a cooling sensation, instead, expect some tightening, and it won't nourish or soothes your skin.
In addition to that, if left to long, it can cause intense itchiness and if you're sensitive to scents then you might want to think about purchasing it.
I recommend the I'm From Volcanic Mask if you're looking for a mud mask that removes dead skin, absorbs excess sebum and unclogs pores while it tightens and minimizes the appearance of your pores and improves uneven skin tone.
TIGHTENING AND MINIMIZING PORES
Have you tried mud masks before? Which one is your favorite? Let me know in the comments below!