Disclosure: As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. There are some affiliate links below and I may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post, but these are all products I highly recommend. I won’t put anything on this page that I haven’t verified and/or personally used.
I had always stumbled across this brand on my travel trips but never considered it.
To be honest, I don’t know why because as of today is one of my favorites skin care masks.
When I first bought it, I was so excited to try it out because it was different from many masks I had tried in the past.
From its smooth consistency to its smell, it captured me instantly.
Why I Love The Japanese Matcha Tea Pollution Clearing Mask
The Body Shop is a company that specializes in cosmetics, skin care and perfume.
The company was founded in 1976 which means they have been around for a long time.
So it comes as no surprise that they have a long list of skin care products they specialize in.
However, since I am constantly buying new products from different brands I have only bought and tried their face masks.
Now we all have skincare products we can’t live without and I certainly can’t live without this one, the most important reasons being are:
- The main ingredient is matcha green tea: Matcha has so many beneficial properties for the skin the main ones being:
- It’s anti – bacterial,
- Helps reduce inflammation and acne,
- Evens skin tone and
- Increases skin elasticity.
- Their masking formula which deeply purifies is 100% vegan: After taking Isotretinoin, better known as Accutane, my skin became very sensitive. As a result, I had to find skin friendly products which would help generate and hydrate my skin. Vegan skin care products provide more vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to repair and hydrate the skin.
In addition to this, buying vegan skin care products is a great way to support against animals suffering and exploitation.
This mask, as well as, all the masks of this collection have so many advantages and were skin changing; well, at least for me it was!
The most prominent advantages, that I was able to experience, when using this mask was:
- Helped deeply purify my pores: I have acneic skin so my pores are constantly clogged, this mask helped clean my pores from the inside out.
- Gently exfoliated the skin: Since I have such a delicate skin type, I shouldn’t exfoliate because it stimulates acne production and irritates my skin. BUT, since this mask offers gentle exfoliation it provides an increased blood flow to my skin making it look radiant.
- Cleansed the skin from pollutants build up and impurities: whether you’re home or on your job, we are always exposed to bacteria and impurities throughout the day. This mask helps clean the skin from impurities.
If this face mask was ever to be discontinued, I would really be disappointed.
Personally, I haven’t come across any disadvantages while using this products.
However, the fragrance could be a bit strong for people with sensitive smell and the artificial coloring ingredients may be irritating for sensitive skin.
Why I Use The Japanese Matcha Tea Mask?
I try to use this mask as constantly as possible but given my schedule, I only have around 15 minutes to work with.
I mainly use it when I feel like my skin is very puffy, inflamed and congested.
Since I mentioned before that my skin is really sensitive, I need masks that will do the hard job but not to irritate my skin further.
And so far, I have not been let down!
How I Use The Japanese Matcha Tea Mask?
DO NOT USE YOUR HANDS WHEN APPLYING SKINCARE, I see a lot of people doing this and I recommend you start using a skincare spatula or a paintbrush.
The reason is our hands are full of bacteria, germs and impurities due to the daily activities that we perform throughout the day.
And applying skincare with your hands will just make you breakout even more.
In skin care, a little goes a long way so I use about a quarter size which I then apply evenly on my skin.
I wait around 15-20 minutes or when the mask has dried to wash off with cold water.
This face mask main ingredient, matcha, is suited for all skin types.
In addition to this, it’s great for people who are looking to deeply purify their pores, gently exfoliate their skin and cleans their skin from pollutants build up and impurities.
We are all looking to stay young and their are not many masks that offer anti-aging solutions, it stimulates elastin production, adding volume and vitality into the skin.
Given such positive results, it would be a shame to pass on this product.
I highly recommend you try it out as I am positive it will be life-changing.
Have you tried this face mask? Has it worked for you? Let me know in the comments below!